Sunday, October 23, 2011

What's in the Bucket?


The HHRCS Bucket

As I said in an earlier post, when I decided to start my own cleaning service, I wanted to use everyday, over-the-counter cleaning products. The service that I worked for, used solutions that had to be mixed and that I only know as green, pink, or red solutions. I never really knew what I was using, except for the glass cleaner, which was known as the glass cleaner. But still, I didn't know what was in it.


So I spent an hour or so in the cleaning solution aisle at "Dollar General." Since I used Comet at home, I thought it was the best cleanser to use. I grew up using Comet, the green-powered version. My mother thought it was the best cleanser, back in a time when there were only a few in the cleaning aisle at A & P.

Comet Spray Bathroom Cleaner breaks the film build-up in the tub and shower and dissolves it.  And, it washes off pretty easy. It works really well on shower doors and in the tracks of the shower door. It disinfects as it cleans.

While it is a great product to use in bathrooms, I DO NOT USE it on natural marble, stone, brass surfaces, brass fixtures or colored grout. It works wonders on white grout in the shower.

If you plan to use Comet Bathroom Cleaner, or any product in my bucket, I recommend that you read the label, and then test it on a small, out-of-view section of your surface, FIRST to see how the solution treats it before generally using it in your bathroom.  Then the rest is up to you.

And that is one thing in the Bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment