Monday, October 24, 2011

You can make music when you clean!

Can you hear it? Well........you will.

I thought I knew all there was to know about cleaning when I started working for a cleaning service in Decatur. I was unorganized, I hated doing it, so I tried to get done in a hurry, and thought I was a pretty good house cleaner. But it wasn't long that I found out I really wasn't good at all because I hadn't learned that a good cleaner knows there is rhythm in cleaning. Find it, and you may hear music.

Okay you won't hear music coming from your cleaning supplies or duster, but your actions, your organized steps, your cleaning, will help you find a beat, which will make cleaning much easier, and sort-of like dancing! Set and keep this pace, and you will be done in no time.

Get organized. Set a time, keep your products and cleaning tools close, and put the phone on vibrate. Keep a water bottle near, and try not to be disturbed. Start cleaning when you enter the room. I start with the door frame outside the room, then enter, working top to bottom, left to right. Every surface in the room is touched and cleaned, including ceiling fans and window frames and sills. This is my rhythm, but you can come up with your own plan for organized cleaning. Whatever you come up with, find a rhythm, and go from there.

You see, cleaning does not have to be a chore. Find your rhythm, your plan of organized cleaning and maybe you will hear the music, too!

Happy Cleaning!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Products from the Bucket, used in this issue

I prefer using the Swiffter Extended Duster handle.  It gives me the ability to reach high and low areas without getting on a stool or chair (which I do not recommend), or bending over much. Although Swiffter makes duster heads to fit the handle, you can get generic duster heads that fit and work just as good, at "Dollar Tree." There, you get three (3) duster heads for $1.00. I also add Endust, a multi-surface dusting and cleaning spray, to the duster to attract more dust and hair and add a shine to the surfaces. I recommend the spray not be directly sprayed on the duster. I spray it in the air and run the duster head through the mist. I ask that you Test it FIRST on your surface before general use.

As with all products in the Bucket, please read the product label to see if it is the right product for your surfaces. Try it in an "out-of-view"area of your surface. Then make a decision as to whether this is the product for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment